West Virginia University is located in scenic, north-central West Virginia approximately 200 miles west of the United States capital, Washington D.C., and 75 miles south of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The WVU student population of 27,500 students includes 6,500 graduate and professional students.
The campus is surrounded by the safe and vibrant community of Morgantown, which is frequently ranked as one of the best small cities in America. Morgantown offers all the shopping, dining, and cultural opportunities of a larger city in a friendly West Virginia atmosphere. Outdoor enthusiasts will find themselves in a playground of hiking, skiing, and whitewater rafting. Visit the WVU Morgantown Information Site to find out more about Morgantown.
The best approach to WVU’s College of Business & Economics is to park in the Downtown Campus Mountainlair Parking garage. Then, enter the Mountainlair and ask for directions to the College at the information station. The directions below will take you to the Mountainlair. We’re right across University Avenue to the right of the building with clock tower and just down the hill.
From the East on I-68
- Take exit 7 toward Airport/Pierpont Rd/WV-705 0.3 mi
- Turn right at CR-857 S (signs for Morgantown/CR-857S/Football Stadium/WV-705) 1.0 mi
- Turn left at US-119 2.0 mi
- Continue on College Ave 0.6 mi
- Parking available on left at Mountainlair garage
From the North on I-79
- Take exit 155 toward West Virginia University/WV-7 0.4 mi
- Turn left at Chaplin Hill Rd/Osage Rd
- Continue to follow Osage Rd 0.6 mi
- Turn right at Jerry W Blvd/US-19 (Sheets station)
- Continue to follow US-19 3.0 mi
- Turn left at Campus Dr 0.2 mi
- Turn right at University Ave 0.3 mi
- Turn left onto College Ave. and look for parking at Mountainlair garage on immediate right
From the South on I-79
- Take exit 148 to merge onto I-68 E toward Cumberland 1.1 mi
- Take exit 1 for US-119 toward Downtown/University Ave 0.3 mi
- Turn left at Grafton Rd/US-119 (signs for Morgantown/US-119 N)
- Continue to follow US-119 3.9 mi
- Turn right at Pleasant St.
- Go three blocks (two lights) and turn left onto Spruce St.
- Go five blocks on Spruce to Prospect St. and turn left.
- Turn right onto North High St. then immediately left back to Prospect St.
- Turn right at University Ave. through downtown campus
- Turn right onto College Ave. and look for Mountainlair garage on the right