The WVU Bureau of Business and Economic Research is a member of the Association for University Business and Economic Research (AUBER).
Bureau of Business and Economic Research
WV Economic Outlook 2016
2015 Economic Outlook Conference Schedule:
- OCTOBER 1 - WV Economic Outlook Conference (Charleston)
- OCTOBER 7 - Wheeling Economic Outlook Conference
- OCTOBER 15 - New River Gorge Regional Economic Summit (Beckley)
- NOVEMBER 3 - Eastern Panhandle Economic Outlook Luncheon (Martinsburg)
- NOVEMBER 16 - Morgantown MSA Economic Outlook Conference
- Mountain State Business Index ticks lower in July, records worst performance in six years
- PROMISE, HEGP recipients and health professionals more likely to stay in state after graduation
- WVU's economic impact on NCWV in excess of $3.6 billion, study shows
- WVU report shows coal industry faces nearly 39 percent decline in coal production
- Morgantown Slightly Exceeds National Average for Cost of Living
The BBER will be the premier economic research organization in West Virginia that provides rigorous and objective policy analysis and reliable economic forecasting. As such, the BBER will be the go-to organization for West Virginia's government and business leaders for economic research and analysis.
Since the 1940s, the BBER's mission has been to serve the people of West Virginia by providing the state's business and policymaking communities with reliable data and rigorous applied economic research and analysis that enables the state's leaders to design better business practices and public policies.
- Research of the highest standards
- Research Portfolio
- Awarded $300,000 research grant from Appalachian Regional Commission
- Expanded Economic Outlook Conference Series to five conferences in 2013, with the addition of Wheeling; a sixth conference in Beckley is scheduled for 2014. Our outlook is also presented to a joint session of the West Virginia Legislature annually in January.