The WVU Bureau of Business and Economic Research is a member of the Association for University Business and Economic Research (AUBER).
West Virginia Economic Outlook Conference
WV Economic Outlook 2017
2016 Economic Outlook Conference Schedule:
- OCTOBER 4 - WV Economic Outlook Conference (Charleston)
- OCTOBER 18 - North Central WV Economic Outlook Conference (Morgantown)
- NOVEMBER 15 - Eastern Panhandle Economic Outlook Luncheon (Martinsburg)
- NOVEMBER 17 - New River Gorge Regional Economic Summit (Beckley)
- MAY 2, 2017 - Wheeling Area Economic Outlook Conference
Thank You to the 2016 EOC Sponsors:
- Chambers Endowed Program for Electronic Business
- Fifth Third Bank
- McKinley Carter Wealth Services
- MVB Bank
- Morgantown Area Economic Partnership
- Piper Jaffray
- The State Journal
- WV American Water
- West Virginia Department of Revenue
- WV High Technology Foundation
- WV Manufacturers Association
October 4, 2016
Embassy Suites in Charleston, WV
7:30 a.m. | Registration and Continental Breakfast
7:50 a.m. | Introductory Remarks
E. Gordon Gee, President, West Virginia University
8:05 a.m. | United States Economic Outlook 2015
Jeffrey Lacker, President and CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
8:50 a.m. | Refreshment Break
9:00 a.m. | West Virginia Economic Outlook 2015
John Deskins, Ph.D., Director, Bureau of Business and Economic Research
Mark Muchow, Deputy Secretary, WV Department of Revenue
Javier Reyes, Ph.D., Milan Puskar Dean, WVU College of Business and Economics
10:05 a.m. | Panel Discussion "Remaining Competitive in a Rapidly Transforming World"
Ted Abernathy, Managing Partner, Economic Leadership LLC
Panelists - Millie Marshal, President, Toyota Motor Manufacturing West Virginia, Inc.; Tim Byrd, Plant Manager, Chemours Belle Works; and Steve Hedrick, President/CEO, Mid-Atlantic Technology Research and Innovation Center (MATRIC)
Noon | Closing Observations
For decision-makers, strategic planners and analysts who depend on having the best available information on economic trends in our state and nation.
Expert economist Kartik Athreya (Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond) and WVU Bureau of Business and Economic Research Director John Deskins forecast the coming year’s economic trends. Panelists representing the state’s key business and industry sectors discuss implications of the forecast from their perspectives.
Attendees will receive the West Virginia Economic Outlook 2015, the annual forecast that tracks county and statewide indicators such as jobs by industry, labor force, population and personal income. They will also receive presentation handouts from all speakers.