Through practical and theoretical research and the dissemination and implementation of knowledge, the College of Business and Economics equips its constituencies with the business tools necessary to lead in the global economy. The College practices honesty, openness, fairness and integrity in a student centered environment. While global in our scope, the College has a special responsibility to lead and support the citizens of West Virginia.
The College of Business and Economics seeks to build on its strength as a leading regional school of business and t o become nationally recognized in overall quality/reputation in research.
- Foster and advance the reputation of the College and its programs
- Recruit, retain and graduate high quality students
- Recruit and retain top notch faculty and staff devoted to the land grant mission of the university and college.
- Continually enhance the educational environment for student learning
- Promote discovery and exchange of knowledge and ideas
- Improve West Virginia's economic health and quality of life
- Build on existing strengths of free markets, forensics, entrepreneurship, international, regional and economic research while identifying emerging areas of expertise (e.g. hospitality).
- Aggressively promote the College's image and reputation with communications programs that inform, educate, improve understanding and build trust among internal and external audiences. As part of this, we commit to open and transparent processes and decision making.
- Encourage greater collaboration in research, teaching and service.
- Create an environment and administrative structure that provides opportunities for economic and business consulting, and economic development assistance.
- Review recommend and implement technology changes to enable the College to be recognized as a leader in technology.
- Pursue partnerships for additional faculty positions.
- Soliciting and integrating feedback from external audiences in terms of curriculum development and delivery.