All prospective students must
apply for admission to West Virginia University in addition to completing application information for the
College of Business and Economics.
Complete the Application for Graduation and Diploma and return to the B&E Office of Undergraduate Programs and Advising (room 358).
Admission Requirements for Current Students
Admission requirements for the College of Business and Economics for students who matriculate to West Virginia University prior to fall 2011 will follow the current admission process and criteria:
- Application process normally happens at the beginning of the second semester of sophomore year
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of 58 semester hours at the end of the semester prior to matriculation to the College
- Applicants must possess an overall GPA of at least 2.5 to be considered for admission
- Completion of 10 pre-requisite courses:
- English 101 and 102 or 103 with a grade of C or better
- Computer Science 101 with a passing grade
- Accounting 201 and 202 with a grade of C or better
- Economics 201 and 202 with a grade of C or better
- Economics 225 or Statistics 211 with a grade of C or better
- Math 126A, B, or C with a grade of C or better
- Math 150 or > with a passing grade
The aforementioned pre-requisite courses and grade requirements are minimum requirements for admission consideration. Certain majors require heightened grades in prerequisite courses. Please refer to the academic department for specific requirements required for each academic major.
Admission to the College occurs just before your junior year. We seek students eager to extend themselves and grow professionally and personally in a challenging environment.
Students who matriculate to West Virginia University in fall 2011 or future terms should refer to the Future Student Admission Requirements.