Meetings are every Tuesday at 7pm in B&E Room 458.
Beta Alpha Psi is a national scholastic and professional organization comprised of honor students concentrating in accounting, finance, and/or information systems. The primary objective of this organization is to encourage and give recognition to scholastic and professional excellence in the business information field. This includes promoting the study and practice of accounting, finance and information systems; providing opportunities for self-development, service and association among members and practicing professionals, and encouraging a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibility.
FIRST (PLEDGE) SEMESTER – UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
- Attend a minimum of 8 hours of Chapter sponsored professional activities.
- Perform a minimum of 8 hours of Chapter sponsored service activities.
- Serve as an accounting tutor for at least two hours (applies toward #2 above).
- Have declared major of accounting, finance or management information systems.
- Complete at least 6 credit hours of upper level courses at WVU (i.e., courses numbered 300 and above) in the major field.
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA in all completed upper level courses in you major.*
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA in all completed courses in your major.*
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA in all completed courses (i.e., overall GPA).*
- Pay a one-time, non-refundable pledge fee of $100. ($65 of this fee goes directly to BAP National). Attendance at the end of semester banquet is included.
* GPAs are based on all courses completed at the end of the pledge semester.
SECOND (CANDIDATE) SEMESTER – UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
- Fulfill requirements 1 – 4 above during the semester of initiation.
- Pay a one-time, non-refundable $50 initiation fee (attendance at the end of semester banquet included and mandatory to be initiated).
- Attend the Initiation Banquet.
GRADUATE (MPA) STUDENTS – ELIGIBLE UPON ADMISSION TO PROGRAM
- Fulfill requirements 1 – 4 above during the semester of induction.
- Pay a one-time, non-refundable $100 initiation fee (attendance at the end of semester banquet included and mandatory to be initiated).
- Attend the Initiation Banquet.
MEMBERS & CONTINUING PLEDGES
Each semester following induction, members must continue to fulfill requirements 1 – 4 above and pay a $45 fee (attendance at the end of semester banquet included).
All members must be involved in providing tutoring for 200 level accounting students. This allows Beta Alpha Psi members to be directly involved in improving those students that will be proceeding in their footsteps. Our tutoring program has helping hundreds of students succeed and will continue to do so for many years to come.
Life After Beta Alpha Psi
Alumni of Beta Alpha Psi look back on their experience as members and remember how beneficial the organization was to their academic and professional careers. BAP activities provided the foundation for strong professional networks and lasting friendships, and gave crucial guidance and preparation for the transition from student to professional.
Former members recognize that these valuable benefits came as a result of alumni involvement: when those that came before were willing to give back to the organization by supporting the chapter of their alma mater, chapters near to their place of work, and by contributing to regional and national meetings.
Continued involvement in BAP as an alumnus will provide you with the opportunity to connect with the best and brightest of the upcoming generation of financial information professionals. You will be able to provide valuable advice to students that look to you as a role model, and give back to an organization that contributed greatly to your own career.
|Vice President||Paul Bernstein|
|VP of Community Service||Teri Daltonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|VP of Outreach||Maria Ware|
|VP of Membership||Amber Payne|
|VP of Social Media||Rachel Parry|
|Faculty Advisor||Megan McBride-Shcaupp|